|Best Trailer at the Vesuvius Film Festival|
Giles and Rupert's Prehistoric Predicament is a teaser/trailer for an original animated TV series created at Escape Studios by director Toby Haslam and producers Samia Chowdhury and Georgia Baird. Giles and Rupert are Victorian inventors whose time machine invention goes horribly wrong - creating a world of Jurassic trouble.
Giles and Rupert's Prehistoric Predicament was originally created as part of CR4002 and PR4001, two first year modules in which students first create an original idea for a TV series, and then turn it into an animatic - a filmed version of the storyboard.
Collaboration with MA Students
Later, director Toby Haslam collaborated with our short course and master's degree animation students to complete the trailer, with oversight from animation tutor Lee Caller.
Giles and Rupert's Prehistoric Predicament was edited in Premiere, Animated in Maya and rendered in Arnold.
- Toby Haslam, Director, Storyboard Artist, Modeller, Texture artist
- Samia Chowdhury - Producer, Animator
- Georgia Baird - Co-Producer, Animator
- Paul Strachan – Modeller
- Christian Millado – Modeller
- Tobiloba Ipaye – Modeller
- Michael Davies – Modeller, Rigging
- Pietro Mingione – Animator
- Ines Portela - Animator
- Margherita Sartor - Animator
- Irene Garcia De La Morena - Animator
Below you can see the animatic - the original filmed version of the storyboard.
- Best Trailer at Vesuvius Film Festival
- Best Animated Film at the Milan Gold Awards
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt in 3D Animation, follow this link. To apply for our storyboarding evening class, visit this page here. For the next 12 week animation course, click here.