Friday 15 July 2022

Meet Your 3D VFX Tutors - Federico Arculeo

Federico Arculeo
Meet Federico Arculeo - one of our newest 3D tutors at Escape Studios.  Federico's film credits include "Thor: Love and Thunder" on which Federico worked at Framestore as a matchmove artist.

Federico Arculeo teaches VX4002 - 3D VFX (a 15 Credit Module) to our first year undergraduate students, helping them to build their 3D skills on solid foundations. 

After studying VFX with Escape Studios, Federico joined us as a Studio Assistant, during which he learned Unreal Engine.  Later Federico joined Framestore, working as VFX artist, and recently returned to Escape to teach 3D VFX.

VX4002
VX4002 - 3D VFX Student Work
VX4002 - 3D VFX
 is a 15 Credit Module in which our first year undergraduate students learn the fundamentals of modelling, texturing and lighting in Maya.   

Students create a digital object in Autodesk Maya and place it into a photographic plate, such as the Polaroid camera on the right.  

Studying at Escape Studios
"My journey in the 3d world began in 2018 when I moved to London to start the 3d for VFX course at Escape studios, where I learned the most advanced techniques required by the industry.
  • tracking
  • advanced texturing
  • modeling, both hardsurface and sculpting
  • shading
After my experience as a Studio Assistant, I had the opportunity to work as a matchmove artist at Framestore on Thor: Love and Thunder for a year, where I learned new techniques and expanded my knowledge.

All of this led me to the role I currently hold at Escape Studios, where I have the great opportunity to help young first-year students enter the world of VFX, and lay the groundwork for what will be their future careers."

- Federico Arculeo

The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt in 3D Animation, follow this link. For the next 12 week animation course, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment