Monday, 21 September 2026

Escapee Alfie Williams Reports from inMotion 2026

Alfie Williams and Glen Keane at inMotion
Escapee Alfie Williams was a volunteer at this year's inMotion event which took place in London last week - part of the We Are Playgrounds series of educational events. 

As always, we recommend that our animation students volunteer for events like this one; they offer huge opportunities to build industry connections and make the most of our prime London location.

Alfie Williams on inMotion:
inMotion 2026
"I Volunteered at inMotion this year and it’s always a great experience.  This year at inMotion there were so many amazingly talented speakers; the guest list included Alexis Wanneroy, Joanna QuinnGlen KeaneClaire Keane and Phil Hunt from Studio AKA.

I had the opportunity to volunteer at the event, helping Studio AKA with their exhibition and working as a runner. Towards the end of my shift, I took the opportunity to seek out some of the talented artists attending and have a quick chat.

Alfie Williams and Joanna Quinn 
I felt truly honoured to speak with such talented people and nerd out about animation and our shared love for the medium, whether it was traditional 2D, 3D animation or stop-motion.

I would highly recommend InMotion to any artist, whether you're looking to learn, connect with other creatives or simply celebrate animation. If you get the chance, I’d definitely encourage you to attend and apply to volunteer at this incredible event!"

The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation.
To apply for one of our courses, follow this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment