This is the latest award for "Little Gestures", a short story about an artist's maquette which comes to life.
The film was directed by Richard O'Hanlon and Daniel Brand-Sinyinza, and produced by Nickoel Izharudin and Dominic Strachan.
"Little Gestures" was completed as part of the third year animation Module PR6001, a Studio Project worth 60 Credits, overseen by UG Program Leader Michael Davies.
"Little Gestures" was directed by Richard O'Hanlon and Daniel Brand-Sinyinza, and produced by Nickoel Izharudin and Dominic Strachan.
Little Gestures - Official Vimeo Showcase
|The artists' apprentice makes its mark|
Module PR6001"Little Gestures" was completed as part of the third year animation Module PR6001, a Studio Project worth 60 Credits, overseen by UG Program Leader Michael Davies.
In PR6001 our animation students and VFX students combine forces to produce a short film combining live action and animation, shooting live action plates and then integrating these with animation, tracking the assets to create a seamless composite.
"Little Gestures" Credits
- Richard O'Hanlon - Director
- Daniel Brand-Sinyinza - Co-Director, Animator
- Dominic Strachan - Co-Producer, Editor
- Clement Gharini - Director of Photography
- Cameron Shanks - VFX Supervisor, 2D VFX Lead
- Harvey Osborne - 3D VFX Lead
- Tequila Mason - Animator
- Eilin Berrio Pena - Animator
- Karla Rojas Tarazon - Animator
- Niki Varela - Animator
"Little Gestures" has won multiple festival awards:
- Best VFX at Argenteuil Fest
- Best No Budget at the DSFF
- Best Student Director at the Golden Nugget Film Festival
- "Five Stars Award" at the BIAFF
- Honourable Mention in the category of Best Director at the Athens Film Festival
Daniel Brand Sinyinza
- "Best Super Short" at the Vesuvius International Film Festival in Naples.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our new BA/MArt, now recruiting for September 2021, follow this link. To apply, visit the official page here.