Saturday 29 July 2023

Escapee Zoe Walker Intern at ILM "Jedi Academy"

Zoe Walker
Congratulations to Escapee Zoe Walker who will start in September as an intern at ILM's Jedi Academy. While at Escape Studios, Zoe studied the Art of Computer Animation

Zoe Walker also contributed to a number of short films, including the award-winning short film Liminal, which she wrote and directed

Zoe also worked on the short films End of The Line, The Wanderer, and Lux Mediae Noctis

In Zoe's Own Words:
Liminal
"When I was in college I remember researching my career path and sending my parents a link to the Disney careers site - almost as a joke,as I thought I’d never be good enough to work for a company like that! But it’s those things that excite me and motivate me to try anyway. 

Well, fast forward four years and I guess that dream of mine has come true! In September I will be starting my internship at Industrial Light & Magic as a Graduate Artist in the Crowd department!

Granted, there are a few differences, as I gained experience and found my strengths and likes/dislikes, but I’m so amazed that I managed to land a job at a company that was and still is one of my biggest inspirations, especially so soon.

I’m so grateful to the team at ILM for giving me this opportunity and I can’t wait to learn all they have to teach me.  I am so looking forward to officially becoming a Jedi".

Escapees at ILM
Zoe joins the many Escapees who have joined ILM after graduating from Escape Studios; you can see some of them below:


The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our new BA/MArt, now recruiting for September 2023, follow this link.   To apply, visit the official page here.



No comments:

Post a Comment