Can you make a short film in six weeks?
Escape Technology have teamed up with Definition magazine, Boston, Adobe, Wacom, PNY, and AV3 to bring you our first ever Short Film Challenge.
The rules are simple: enter a 1-3 minute short film on a subject of your choice by 17th November 2017. The film has to have some VFX in it somewhere, and must use an Adobe product at some point.
- Completed films must be uploaded to Vimeo and entered into the Short Film Challenge group (URL provided upon registration)
- You must include a list of software used in your Vimeo description
- Films should be formatted to HD 1080
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered
- No additional prizes will be offered for larger teams
- Entrants accept full responsibility for the content of their film and agree that they have the rights to use all footage, music, and other elements.
- The winner and runners up will be informed on Wednesday 30th November at a screening of the top ten films in London.
- Winning entries may be screened at future events and used by Escape Technology and its partners in PR and media communications
- This competition is not open to employees of Escape Technology or its partners.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
Our judges will choose a shortlist of films to show at a screening in London on 30th November, where we'll announce the winner and two runners up.
- Boston Venom Workstation
- Wacom Cintiq Pro 26"
- One Year of Adobe Creative Cloud
- NVIDIA Quadro P2000 from PNY
- Red Giant's Magic Bullet Suite
- Boris FX BCC
- A year's subscription to Definition magazine
Hasraf "HaZ" Dulull
Suraj "Sid" Harrington-Odera
How to apply
Fill out the form here
As ever, we always encourage our students to enter short film competitions. You might not win, but you will learn a huge amount about film-making and get better at your craft. And, one day, you'll start winning prizes, and start your career in earnest.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt (September 2018), follow this link. To apply for one of our intensive 3 month animation short courses, click here.