|Daffy Duck "smear" drawing|
Today, the acknowledged master of the smear drawing is animation legend Eric Goldberg (he boarded and animated the "Genie of the Lamp" sequence from Aladdin).
But how do you do a Smear Frame in 3D animation, using Maya character rigs? Escape Studios animation tutor Simone Giampaolo explains how, in this new tutorial at our Vimeo Animation Channel.
The problem of 3D Animation
But how do you do a smear drawing, or smear frame, in 3D animation? Escape Studios animation tutor Simone Giampaolo explains how to simulate a smear transition using one of the freely available Maya rigs, accessible to all our students.
1. Introduction: https://vimeo.com/album/5913129/video/330093912
2. The Breakdown: https://vimeo.com/album/5913129/video/330094352
3. Keep Blocking: https://vimeo.com/album/5913129/video/330094947
4. Moving to Splines: https://vimeo.com/album/5913129/video/330095588
5. Overshoot: https://vimeo.com/album/5913129/video/330096112
Like all our Vimeo videos, this tutorial series is password-protected. If you're a current student or Escapee, send me an email at email@example.com.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our BA/MArt, follow this link. To apply, visit the offical page here.