|Lake Annecy, in the French Alps|
I'll be speaking at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) panel on Thursday June 16 at 2pm, talking about how we can help our students to find jobs and kick-start their careers in the global animation industry.
The panel discussion is called:
Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Animation Talent Search
An "expert panel of animation talent recruiters" will discuss "what they look for in new talent". Students will "learn how to stand out from the competition" and also "find out what makes the difference in developing industry-ready demo reels and portfolios". Prepare your questions for the panel, and get ready to "attain your most ambitious career goals".
Where and when?
Thursday, June 16 at 2pm - 3:30pm. 90 minutes.
Imperial Palace 5th floor, (170 seats), room RAVEL AB
Who will be speaking?
- Ryan Howe, University Relations Program Lead at Pixar
- Ariel Goldberg, Studio Recruiter, Nickelodeon Animation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Megan Nairn, Animation Talent Development Manager, Cartoon Network.
- Eric Goosen, Founder, Walking the Dog (Brussels, Belgium)
- Alex Williams, Animator & Cartoonist, Head of Animation at Escape Studios (London, England)
- Moderator: Angie Wojak, Director of Career Development, School of Visual Arts (New York, USA)
Because this will be a great chance to meet recruiters, including representatives from some of the top studios in the USA including Pixar, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, and find out what they look for in a graduate portfolio.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our new BA/MArt starting in September 2016, follow this link. To apply, visit the offical page here.