|Raphael and Tom at the Escape Studios Annecy Stand|
One of the best things about being at festivals like this is to chance to show off our students' work - the quality of our demo reels speaks for itself.
The good news here is that animation industry is very busy, with a record number of attendees at Annecy (including many recruiters, looking for talent) and with a strong US presence as well.
|Annecy at night|
The panel discussion is titled: Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Animation Talent Search.
Animation talent recruiters, including from Pixar, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, will discuss what they look for when they hire new talent.
The panel takes place today at 2pm in the Imperial Palace Hotel, 5th floor, room Ravel AB
On the panel are
- Ryan Howe, University Relations Program Lead at Pixar
- Ariel Goldberg, Studio Recruiter, Nickelodeon Animation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Megan Nairn, Animation Talent Development Manager, Cartoon Network.
- Eric Goosen, Founder, Walking the Dog (Brussels, Belgium)
- Alex Williams, Animator & Cartoonist, Head of Animation at Escape Studios (London, England)
- Moderator: Angie Wojak, Director of Career Development, School of Visual Arts (New York, USA)
Come along today and meet some of the top recruiters in the industry, and find out what they look for in a graduate portfolio.
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To find out more about our new BA/MArt starting in September 2016, follow this link. To apply, visit the offical page here.